Monday, July 16, 2012

For the Love of Water

                      (Bison at Land Between the Lakes Recreation Area, Cadiz, KY)

--Bison is totally unrelated just a photo from our April vacation. This bison and I had some sort of connection.

Snippets from farm life
--We have gotten .05 inches of rain in the last 2 months.
--Bought 3 lbs of strawberries for $1 a lb yesterday, they are currently in the dehydrator for fruit breads later this year.
--Bee swarm has taken over my mint, which is flowering right now. Must be 100 bees out there. No clue where the hive is, but after reading Pioneer Preppy's posts about his bees, I'm glad they are finding some food.
--Cicada killer bees have taken over the area in front of the barn, all attempts to remove them have failed so far.

--Heat wave is back which temperatures in the triple digits this week. Bear is gearing up for it already by being extremely lazy (sleeping most of the time, in the room with AC) and refusing most food except people food. He does this everytime it gets hot, so I'm not too worried. He is a pain in the keister to get to go outside to potty though. Have to drag him out a intervals. Maybe take him down to the river tonight to swim.

On my bookstand right now..

Research book..

Fiction for night time reading is ..
Ordered the 2nd James Rawles book, Survivors and A Joe Nobody book, Without Rule of Law they will be here sometime next week. This was after going into Barnes and Noble and having them look at me like I'm clueless looking for these books.  Should have known better since they aren't mainstream reading.

Basically just trying to stay cool this week.

Beth

4 comments:

  1. I added you to my blogroll.

    Both of these books look like good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read Herbal Remedies, the next time I am in the city I will have to look for it!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually recommend this one. Most of herbal remedies books I have looked at don't have the recipes in them like this book does. Most of the ingredients are in my herb gardens as well.

      Delete
  3. Beth - you answered my question before i asked it - i wanted you to review the book before i bothered getting it - am hunting down a copy now. so sorry about the heat wave - poor you and bear. love the pics of the bison!

    your friend,
    kymber
    (p.s. - he's home tonight at 1am....i have been awake since 2am last night. what are the chances i fall asleep before he gets home? arghghghgh!)

    ReplyDelete